Health & Fitness
1. Hike the Grouse Grind.
2. Lose 49lbs.
3. Practice yoga once a week for 3 months. (0/12)
4. Run a 5K.
5. Join the Vancouver dodgeball league (http://www.vdldodgeball.ca/)
6. Complete a marathon.
7. Join a dragonboating team.
8. Get registered with the National Weight Control Registry.
9. Buy a bike
10. Go to the dentist.
11. Work with the doctor to find a cause for my fatigue, and manage it. [Sept 2007 – Dec 2007]
12. Get eyes checked.
13. Take a dance class for at least a month.
14. No fast food for one month.
15. Eat breakfast every day for a month. [August – September 2007]
16. Don’t wimp out – get Gardasil shots. – I’ve decided NOT to get this vaccine, so will be replacing this with something else.
Faith & Mental Health
17. Attend a church service sometime that isn’t Christmas, Easter, a wedding or a funeral.
18. Construct legal documents outlining and protecting my wishes should something happen to me.
19. Have a professional massage. [November 2007 – Seaside Scrub at Beverly’s – Thanks Graham!]
20. Give blood. – this one might change because I am a wimp.
21. Go one week without watching TV. (0/7)
22. Read at least 10 books about religion, faith or spirituality. (0/10)
23. Continue volunteering with Guiding throughout the 1001 days.
24. Write a letter/card to Nana once a month for a year. (0/12)
25. Write a letter to CousinL once a month for a year. (0/12)
26. Light a candle for someone in a church.
27. Blog at least once a week for a year. (0/52)
28. Use Joe’s Goals every day for six months. (0/182)
29. Watch a sunrise and sunset in the same week.
30. Meet with a life coach.
Education & Career
31. Re-read all lecture notes before next class during final semester.
32. Get First Aid certification. [24 June 2007]
33. Pass test to get a Class 7(N) license.
34. Purchase new MacBook with AppleCare. [November 2007. Thanks Mum and Dad for AppleCare!]
35. Graduate from UBC. [I walked across the stage and picked up my diploma in May 2008]
36. Take a continuing ed course at VCC or similar. [April-June 2008 – I got an A in fundraising essentials at BCIT!]
37. Learn to shoot a gun at a shooting range.
38. Talk to Anna about her doula practice. – Anna has moved away, so this isn’t possible any longer.
39. Join a book club.
40. Join a professional or service organisation.
41. Join a service organization.
42. Learn Spanish (at least well enough for trip w/L).
Domestic & Financial
43. Increase automatic monthly contribution to RRSP to $50/month.
44. Deposit 10% of every paycheque into an “emergency” bank account for at least 6 months. (0/12)
45. Organize photographs with names, places, dates, and file in albums.
46. Do a thorough “Clean Sweep” of apartment every six months.
47. Open a bank account to start saving for Rebel or similar.
48. Buy a bookcase and unpack the Boxes of Books. [February 2008, Adam and I bought each other furniture for Valentine’s/our anniversary, which fall within a week of each other.]
49. Learn to make tiramisu.
50. Find out all the family birthdays, anniversaries, and email addresses. Write on calendar and circulate.
51. Get a Blackberry or similar (instead of a cell) to stay organised.
52. Get a cat (or two).
53. Get a dog.
54. Buy a vacuum. [July 2007]
55. Buy renters insurance.
56. Buy prescription sunglasses.
57. Purchase or find a reliable method and backup all computer files.
58. Put $2 in a bank account for every goal I complete on this list.
59. Put all small change (0.25, 0.10, 0.05, 0.01) into a jar at the end of each week for 6 months. (0/24)
Relationships & Community
60. Host a sleepover.
61. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity.
62. Volunteer at the 2010 Olympics.
63. Start an address book.
64. Get married. [Woo hoo, we’re engaged as of June 4, 2008!]
65. Send Xmas cards.
66. See my brother once a month for a year. (6/12 starting june 2007)
67. Write a thank-you letter to an old teacher.
68. Vote in the next federal election. [March 2008 – federal by-election]
69. Vote in the next provincial election. May 12, 2009.
70. Vote in the next civic election. November 2008.
71. Volunteer with a candidate in an election campaign.
72. Donate $5 for every goal on the list I don’t complete.
Art & Culture
73. See an opera.
74. Volunteer at Vancouver FolkFest.
75. Take one photo every day for 1 year. (0/365)
76. Sew a piece of clothing.
77. Watch every Best Picture Oscar-winner. (23/79)
78. Read all the Governor-General’s Award English Fiction winners (2/69)
79. Read at least 10 of the Governor-General’s Award English Non-Fiction winners (2/10)
80. See all of the AFI’s best movie list (30/100)
81. Do a trainer tour at the Vancouver Aquarium [Otter Tour with Adam in August 2007]
82. Finish afghan.
83. Make a quilt.
84. Participate in Blogathon or NaBloPoMo.
85. Make a scrapbook.
Travel & Identity
86. Travel somewhere in B.C. I’ve never been.
87. Go to Disneyland with CaitR.
88. Get a tattoo.
89. Apply for Canadian passport.
90. Apply for British citizenship.
91. Travel to Trinidad with CousinL to visit Aunt L.
92. Get a new MedicAlert bracelet.
93. Travel to at least 5 US states. [Oregon in June 2008 (we drove through Washington, too)]
94. Travel to at least one province that is NOT BC or Ontario.
95. Go to Stamford Bridge with TheBoy.
96. Take TheBoy to Pooh Sticks Bridge.
97. Do a service project overseas.
98. Go sailing.
99. Minigolf in Parksville.
100. Write a list of 100 things to do before I die.
101. Make another 101 in 1001 list!
Bold = in progress.
Strike = completed!
Orange = changed/potentially changing