My allergies are beating me up today, so here’s a fun point form list instead of something involving actual work. Too stuffed up to brain. 😛
- Volleyball last night was good. Mosquitos chasing me around the field we practiced on, not so much. Bruises on my forearms, not so much.
- Sunshinesunshinesunshinesunshine! I am far too excited about this, but after a record-setting seven straight days of rain, I think it’s acceptable excitement.
- Apparently you can now catch The Fat. Cue serious eye-rolling across the fatblogging universe. Kate Harding says it all better than I can, so I recommend her post. The gist of it is that some researchers claim that fatness is transmittable amongst friends, no matter their geographic proximity. Skinny friends, you better run now, lest my chub starts to snuggle up to you!
- Vancouverites: two of my all-time favourite summer activities are on this weekend – the fireworks (yay for living on top of a hill!) and Taste of the City! Taste of the City has relocated this year, and is on 12-8pm Saturday at the PNE.
- While my opinion of Dubya may be less than pleasant, I will give props where they’re due. He was screened for colorectal cancer last week, and declared cancer-free. If you are in a high-risk group, you should talk to your doctor about screening. Colorectal cancer is the second-most cause of cancer deaths in Canada, which is especially sad because it is up to 95% preventable with proper screening.
Filed under: awareness, health, lifestyle | 3 Comments