101 in 1001 – The List.
[Note: the updated version of the list is here.]
Health & Fitness
1. Hike the Grouse Grind.
2. Lose 40lbs to achieve weight of 160lbs. (0/40)
3. Practice yoga. (through minischool?)
4. Run a 5K.
5. Join the Vancouver dodgeball league (http://www.vdldodgeball.ca/)
6. Complete a marathon.
7. Join a dragonboating team.
8. Walk the Breast Cancer 3-Day.
9. Buy a bike
10. Go to the dentist.
11. Work with the doctor to find a cause for my fatigue, and manage it.
12. Get eyes checked.
13. Take a dance class for at least a month.
14. No fast food for one month.
15. Eat breakfast every day for a month.
16. Don’t wimp out – get Gardasil shots.
Faith & Mental Health
17. Attend a church service sometime that isn’t Christmas, Easter, a wedding or a funeral.
18. Construct legal documents outlining and protecting my wishes should something happen to me.
19. Have a professional massage.
20. Give blood.
21. Go one week without watching TV.
22. Read at least 10 books about religion, faith or spirituality. (0/10)
23. Continue volunteering with Guiding throughout the 1001 days.
24. Write a letter/card to Nana once a month for a year.
25. Write a letter to CousinL once a month for a year.
26. Light a candle for someone in a church.
27. Blog at least once a week for a year. (0/52)
28. Use Joe’s Goals (http://www.joesgoals.com/) every day for six months.
29. Watch a sunrise and sunset in the same week.
30. Meet with a life coach.
Education & Career
31. Re-write all lecture notes clearly before next class.
32. Get First Aid certification. [24 June 2007]
33. Pass test to get a Class 7(N) license.
34. Purchase new MacBook with AppleCare and a protective case/bag.
35. Graduate from UBC.
36. Take a continuing ed course at VCC or UBC Robson Square.
37. Learn to shoot a gun at a shooting range.
38. Talk to AnnaD about her doula practice.
39. Join a book club.
40. Join a professional organisation.
41. Join a service organization.
42. Learn Spanish (at least well enough for trip w/L).
Domestic & Financial
43. Increase automatic monthly contribution to RRSP to $50/month.
44. Deposit 10% of every paycheque into an “emergency” bank account.
45. Organize photographs with names, places, dates, and file in albums.
46. Do a thorough “Clean Sweep” of apartment every six months.
47. Open a bank account to start saving for Rebel.
48. Buy a bookcase and unpack the Boxes of Books.
49. Learn to make tiramisu.
50. Find out all the family birthdays, anniversaries, and email addresses. Write on calendar and circulate.
51. Get a Blackberry or similar (instead of a cell) to stay organised.
52. Get a cat (or two).
53. Get a dog.
54. Buy a vacuum.
55. Buy renters insurance.
56. Buy prescription sunglasses.
57. Purchase or find a reliable method and backup all computer files.
58. Put $2 in a bank account for every goal I complete on this list.
59. Put all small change (0.25, 0.10, 0.05, 0.01) into a jar at the end of each week for all of 1001 days.
Relationships & Community
60. Host a sleepover.
61. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity.
62. Volunteer at the 2010 Olympics.
63. Start an address book.
64. Get married.
65. Send Xmas cards.
66. See my brother once a month for a year. (1/12 starting june 2007)
67. Write a thank-you letter to an old teacher.
68. Vote in the next federal election.
69. Vote in the next provincial election.
70. Vote in the next civic election.
71. Volunteer with a candidate in an election campaign.
72. Donate $5 for every goal on the list I don’t complete.
Art & Culture
73. See an opera.
74. Volunteer at Vancouver FolkFest.
75. Take one photo every day for 1 year. (0/365)
76. Sew a piece of clothing.
77. Watch every Best Picture Oscar-winner. (23/79) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture)
78. Read all the Governor-General’s Award English Fiction winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_General%27s_Award_for_English_language_fiction ) (2/69)
79. Read at least 10 of the Governor-General’s Award English Non-Fiction winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_General%27s_Award_for_English_language_non-fiction ) (2/10)
80. See all of the AFI’s best movie list (30/100) (http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/movies.aspx)
81. Do a trainer tour at the Vancouver Aquarium
82. Finish afghan.
83. Make a quilt.
84. Participate in Blogathon.
85. Make a scrapbook.
Travel & Identity
86. Travel somewhere in B.C. I’ve never been.
87. Go to Disneyland with CaitR.
88. Get a tattoo.
89. Apply for Canadian passport.
90. Apply for British citizenship.
91. Travel to Trinidad with CousinL to visit Aunt L.
92. Get a new MedicAlert bracelet.
93. Travel to at least 5 US states.
94. Travel to at least one province that is NOT BC or Ontario.
95. Go to Stamford Bridge with TheBoy.
96. Take TheBoy to Pooh Sticks Bridge.
97. Do a service project overseas.
98. Go sailing.
99. Minigolf in Parksville.
100. Write a list of 100 things to do before I die.
101. Make another 101 in 1001 list!
Bold = in progress.
Filed under: 101, beginnings&endings | 3 Comments